Smooth attenuator D4-3
Also, this device can be called: D43, D4 3, D4-З, D4З, D4 З.
D4-3 smooth attenuator - limit capacitive attenuator (capacitance - 38 pF) - used to obtain smoothly varying attenuation of high frequency power, as well as for measuring the attenuation of different radios.
Frequency range - from 100 MHz to 1000 MHz.
Input and output impedance attenuators - 75 Ohm.
Weakening in the linear portion of the characteristic attenuation of 45 dB - 30 dB to 100 dB.
VSWR at the input (45 dB) - not more than 1,5.
- From 100 MHz to 150 MHz - not more than 1,9;
- From 150 MHz to 1000 MHz - not more than 1,5.
Error attenuation D4-3 in a consistent path:
- Indicator scale with the use of graphs - no more than 1 dB;
- Scale, Calibrated in decibels using the frequency of amendments - no more than ±1,5 dB.
The maximum error of the difference in a consistent path attenuation (45 dB) - less than ±0,2 dB.
Power input attenuator - 10 Watt.
Cables imparted to the device D4-3:
- VSWR - not more than 1,2;
- Attenuation - not more than 0,4 dB (1000 MHz).
Dimensions - 350×170×180 mm.
Weight - no more than 6 kg.
The operation of devices attenuators D4-3 is the principle according to which electromagnetic energy is excited in a circular waveguide with a diameter less than the critical damped by a certain law, and, since some of the waveguide length, this law becomes exponential.
The device consists of the following parts:
- The exciting part (tee) - coaxial line segment ending with all the normal 75 Ohm connectors;
- Is often perceived - limiting the waveguide, which moves the plunger with receptive electrode and telescopic 75 Ohm line that ends with output plug socket;
- A reading-drive system - consists of the drive mechanism, the scale of reference attenuation in decibels and a device for accurate reading of the linear movement of the plunger.
Limiting diameter tube - 20,9 mm.
Working Stroke - 50 mm.
- Reading accuracy - 0,01 mm;
- Stroke - 50 mm.